Hey, there, everybody. The transition to our new developers has not gone as smoothly as I would have liked, and I appreciate you patience as we sort out our technical issues. If you are having trouble listening to the show on your iPhone, try deleting the app and re-installing it. There will still be some glitches, but we are in the process of developing a totally new app that will solve all of our current issues and incorporate most of the ideas for improvements that we have gotten over the last few years from all of you.
If that still doesn’t work for you, here are a few other “workarounds” (sort of like a technical reacharound):
For iOS (iPhones)
1. Go to the Podcasts app that is on all of your phones thanks to Apple
2. Open the app and click on the + in the upper left hand corner
3. Click “Add Podcast” when prompted
4. In the box under “Add podcast by URL enter https://www.dahl.com/feed/podcast/ (just copy and paste)
5. Hit “Subscribe” when prompted
6. In the login box enter in your login and password
7. This should activate our RSS feed and you should be able to get all podcasts
8. You might have to do some tinkering with the setting (Only New, All Unplayed)
9. Once you are logged in, you should stay logged in and it works pretty well
Use BeyondPod Podcast Manager if you are still having trouble with your app on your Android phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.beyondpod
1. Click on the 3 bar icon in upper left corner of the screen
2. Click on “+ Add Feed”
3. Click the square icon with arrow in the right top corner of the screen
4. Click on “Enter Feed Address”
5. Enter our RSS feed https://www.dahl.com/feed/podcast/ (just copy and paste)
6. Click on “Advanced Settings” and scroll down to Feed Authentication and enter in your username/password
7. Click save
8. You should get all of the Network shows now
9. All set (I need to have 9 steps for both to satisfy my OCD)
You can also just go to our mobile website on any smartphone and login in the upper right corner. Then click on the three vertical lines in the menu bar and tap on “SHOWS” when you see it. Pick the show you want and listen away.
These are by no means permanent solutions, and I apologize again for all of the hassles with this changeover. If it’s any comfort to you, I have spent my entire vacation this week trying to get all of this sorted out. Kiely is in hospital (as they say in England), having twins so this is all my responsibility. If you are still having problems, please just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will walk you through it. I have a set of screen shots, etc.
Thanks, again, for your continued patience with us as we get this all figured out. Happy New Year!
Sign up for the Steve Dahl Network Newsletter. We promise to keep you up to date, but not bug you!